A PHYSIOTHERAPIST WILL:
- Take a thorough history of the presenting complaint and any other relevant previous medical history by asking a series of questions
- Assess your level of mobility, strength and endurance by performing an appropriate physical examination
- Diagnose your condition and develop a treatment plan with you to reduce pain, restore movement and improve function
- Employ specific evidence based hands-on manual therapy for your condition
- Prescribe and demonstrate specific therapeutic exercises
- Monitor your progress over time and adjust your treatment accordingly
- Prepare you for independent active management with education and exercise prescription to manage the condition and prevent the problem recurring.
FOR YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT, PLEASE REMEMBER:
- An initial assessment takes between 45 mins – 1 hour
- Arrive right on time for your appointment and check in with reception
- Bring any referrals or paper work you may think is relevant to your treatment, for example x-ray, MRI or doctor's referrals
- Bring appropriate clothing i.e. shorts for a knee complaint or a tank top for shoulder problems etc.
Write down any questions you have prior to your appointment and bring them with you for your physiotherapist to answer.
- ©2002–2020 Fernie Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic