Before your appointment
For BC Residents: Before your appointment please complete the BC COVID-19 Symptoms Self Assessment Tool. It can be found at: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
For Alberta Residents: Before your appointment, please complete the AHS COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool. It can be found at: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx
Do not come to the clinic if you are experiencing the following symptoms (or are a caregiver for someone experiencing these symptoms):
· Fever, Chills, Shortness of Breath, Sore Throat, Stuffy or Runny Nose
If anyone in your household/bubble/cohort is awaiting COVID-19 test results or have been told to get a COVID-19 test, we kindly ask you switch either to a virtual appointment or reschedule your appointment to after a negative test result has been confirmed.
Fernie Physiotherapy will continue to offer virtual appointments moving forward as an alternative to in-person appointments for any patient.
Day of your Appointment
· If the day of your appointment you are experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19 like symptoms, you must phone reception to change or cancel your appointment. Alternatives such as switching to a virtual appointment or moving to a later date will be offered.
· Use the bathroom prior to coming to the clinic. The clinic bathroom will be for “Emergency Use Only”. This is to avoid a timely full sanitization procedure being done by our staff.
·Wear your own mask into the building, upon entry of our clinic you will instructed in hand sanitation and surgical mask application. All staff and all patients will be wearing a medical grade surgical mask at all time. If you are under the age of 3 or are unable to wear a mask properly please contact our receptionist prior to your appointment. Note: If you own a new clean N95 mask that is properly fitted you may keep this on.
· Please come alone to your appointment unless: you are parent of a minor being treated, caregiver for someone requiring assistance, parent with no option to not bring child (children must be able to stay in a chair the entire visit).
· Come dressed for your appointment, leaving everything you possibly can at home or in your car. Do not bring bags, purses, jewellery unless required.
· Do not wear gloves and remove all jewelry on hands and wrists to enable proper hands sanitation.
· We ask that you arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. Please wait in your car or outside the building until 5 minutes prior to your appointment.
· Upon arriving at the clinic stand on one of the identified markers until greeted by reception or your treating therapist. You then will be asked COVID-19 Screening questions and be directed in proper hand sanitation.
· Reception will then escort you into your treatment space.
· Your appointment will end exactly at the specified time to ensure minimal contact between patients.
· Upon completion of your appointment, you will be escorted by your therapist to our reception area to finalize rebooking and payment.
· Payment will be recommended to be done through Credit Cards that can be held on file or touchless TAP debit option. All receipt will be emailed.
COVID-19 CLINIC SAFETY MEASURES
Fernie Physiotherapy wants to reassure all patients that our clinic is a safe environment for all to attend. Under the direction of all Regulatory Associations, Public Health, and Chief Medical Officer, guidelines have been drafted to ensure the public’s safety. The safety of you, your family members and our staff is our number one priority. Our booking procedures are modified to maintain physical distancing requirements that take priority over occupancy limits.
New Cloth Masks will be available for purchase at reception for cost price.
Electromodalities electrodes will be individual use only, patients will be charged $10 for these, and given to patient take home for future use by patients.
Like patients, staff will not be working if they do not pass the COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire. All staff are required to pass the pre-screening test prior to every work shift.
We have also acquired all the necessary PPE essential in protecting and preventing the spread of COVID-19. All sanitization products follow the Health Canada guidelines from hand sanitizers, hand wipes, and disinfecting products. Hand sanitizers all contain 70-80 percent ethanol or isopropanol mixtures and appropriate DIN numbers. Environment cleaning and disinfection is essential to avoid the possible spread of COVID-19. All our products contain an 8 digit DIN number approved by Health Canada. ONLY the approved disinfectants with a virucidal claim are appropriate for the elimination of viruses in a clinic environment.
The frequency of cleaning and disinfection is dependent on the nature of use/contact of the surface/item in question. Our clinic disinfects all patient contact items between each patient use. Examples are but not limited to Physiotherapy tables, massage tables, chairs, Physiotherapy Electromodalities, all exercise equipment, contact surfaces, therapeutic tools, commonly touched areas, light switches, door handles, taps, toilets, handrails, counter tops, touch screens/mobile devices, keyboards, payment machine, clipboards, pens, towels, etc. We have eliminated all books, magazines, toys, remote controls, literature, brochures, paper receipts.
We will still have our 24 hour cancellation policy in place with leniency toward illness related circumstances. We will not charge anyone for a missed appointment who suddenly comes down with symptoms of an illness or a member of the family that requires immediate attention. No-showing for an appointment with no prior attempt to contact the clinic by phone, voicemail or email will be subjected to a $50 no show fee.
One day life will return to normal, for now we must follow these procedures to our best capabilities. The staff at Fernie Physiotherapy know you will understand the rational behind all of the strict procedures. Thank you for taking the time to read this. See you at the clinic!